svgcuts

Friday, May 25, 2012

Tealight cake and box set

So many people have been sharing their cute little tealight cakes that I thought I would give it a go!  Most of the ones I have seen use scalloped punches to make their base and top piece of the cake. I decided to use SCAL's basic shapes- obviously the scalloped circle- cut at 2.25" and then I placed a .4" circle in the center, so that when it cut the shape  there was a circle in the middle to fit over the flame.  I used another 2.25" circle as the base- this time not folding down the edges.  The striped strip is 5" long by .75" tall and the little border is also 5" long, but .4" tall.  That came from SVGcuts.com- one of their free files!  The box in the background is also an SVGcuts.com file!  I adjusted the size so that the bottom square was 3" across to be the perfect size for this little cake:)
The paper stack is DCWV's "The Carnival". 

No comments: